- HSM was renamed again Heart-Smile Training, and the institute renamed Heart-Smile Research Institute.
12. 1 - 31
- As of now, we have held 18 Three-Day HST Retreats with Ven. Misan Sunim and three HST Advanced Courses.
- Heart-Smile Meditation first taught at Brown University.
- Introduced Heart-Smile Meditation to the Mindful Leadership Institute at University of San Diego.
11. 10 – 13
- Participated in the 2016 ISCS (International Symposium for Contemplative Studies) and presented a paper titled “Heart-Smile Meditation’s Positive Effects on Self-Perception, Social Connections, and Spirituality: A Mixed-Methods Study”
- Registered the trademark “Heart-Smile” in America, Canada, Europe, Japan and China.
- Published a research paper titled “A Mixed-Methods Study of the Psychological Process of Loving-Kindness Meditation and its Effects on Heart-Smile Meditation Participants” in the Korean Psychological Association Journal: Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 28, No. 2, 2016
- Published a research paper titled “A Qualitative Research on Experience of Heart Smile Meditation” in the Bulgyohang-nyeongu (The Research of Buddhist Studies), No. 47, 2016.
- Registered the trademark “Heart-Smile” in Korea.
- The Institute was renamed Heart-Smile Research Institute.
- The Loving-Kindness Smile Meditation was renamed Heart-Smile Training.
- The Loving-Kindness Smile Meditation Research Institute was officially launched.
- A decision was made to begin scientific research into the effects of Loving-Kindness Smile Meditation. This would include qualitative and quantitative research and focus group interviews.
10. 30 – 11. 2
- Researchers attended the 2014 ISCS (International Symposium for Contemplative Studies).
01. 27 – 11. 8
- Researchers visited eight major meditation centers in America.
- The Loving-Kindness Smile Meditation Research Institute (tentative name) was launched. Twenty-three research meetings were held between this date and Oct. 5, 2014
- The 1st Three-Day Loving-Kindness Smile Meditation Retreat with Ven. Misan Sunim was held.